Naturist Corner Privacy and Data Protection Policy
As naturists ourselves we understand that many are particularly concerned about protecting their privacy and lifestyle from the general world. We are committed to protecting any information which you give us and we will never ask you to disclose personal details which may identify/locate you. In complying with the spirit of the UK General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR) this document sets out how we use and safeguard the information you do give us and your rights in relation to it. In the context of GDPR, the Naturist Corner Administrators are the Data ‘Controllers’ in this matter.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of data:
- Information about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, approximate location, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed);
- Information relating to any exchange carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information collected during the online application for new membership and any subsequent information that you may pass to us.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
How secure is the information you give to us?
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of the data that we have stored on our server.
- Your data is stored on secured servers within the UK and we will not transfer your data outside the UK without your consent.
- We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction.
- We have implemented generally accepted standards of data protection to dissuade Search Engines from indexing your data and this is generally honoured by mainstream Search Engines.
- The UK hosting company that provides our servers is fully compliant with the requirements of GDPR.
- Where you are transmitting information to us over the internet to our website your data is protected by secure encryption. However, the information you exchange with us via email can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- Your membership password is stored in encrypted form on our webserver and cannot be accessed even by the administrators.
- We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of data which might expose you to serious risk.
Sharing of information
We will not disclose to, sell to, process or share the information you give us with any external or third party, with the following exceptions:
- To the extent that we are required to do so under English law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings established by UK Statutory bodies
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to UK Statutory bodies for the purposes of fraud prevention.
How long do we keep your information?
- We will hold your data on our system only for as long as you are a member of Naturist Corner or for as long afterwards as it is in our legitimate interest to do so or for as long as is necessary to comply with our current legal obligations; for the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating the site/forum; and in order to be able to comply with future legal obligations e.g. to exercise or defend any subsequent legal claims. When you request us to close your account on the Naturist Corner Forum we will delete any information that you have passed to us or you have added to your user profile.
- For user-generated content (posts which you have contributed to the forum), on your request to close your account we will anonymise those contributions and ensure that there is no personal information (which you may have added) retained in the text of those contributions and which may personally identify you.
We use two types of Essential Cookies on Naturist Corner.
- Temporary Cookies which our web server needs to enable you to remain logged in and to navigate the website. These Cookies are deleted from your computer when you leave the site and/or close your web browser window.
- Persistent Cookies which automatically expire after a short but set period of time. These are set as you log in and will contain information that will authenticate you as a genuine Naturist Corner member and store any preferences you may have set while visiting the website.
Your Data Protection rights
We do not ask for or knowingly obtain or collect data that may be used to identify you as a person. However under GDPR you have rights to your data protection which we commit to following for any data (information) that you may give us
- to access your personal data
- to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data corrected
- to have your personal data erased when you request it to be so
- to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data transferred to yourself
In the spirit of safeguarding your privacy we undertake to apply these principles to our data management.
You have the right to take any complaints about how we process data to the Information Commissioner:
Address: Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House. Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF | Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Further Information/Contacting Us
For more details, please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to our Data ‘Controller’ via email@example.com